The Latham Lassies Board will continue to monitor any updates related to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the impact on our ability to continue our Summer Sand Lot and for the Travel teams to have practices and games.
We are monitoring all guidelines and state laws and have already put into place these additional precautions kisted below (not limited to list below):
- Minimize player contact, please refrain from team/player handshakes and high-fives.
- Players should bring their own water bottle, no team water coolers can be used.
- Access to dugouts should be limited to essential team personnel and players.
- Refreshments will no longer be available via the concession stand.
- Bleachers will no longer be available for parent use (please bring your own chairs) as the bleachers will be used as an extension of the dugout.
- Parents/players are encouraged to wear PPE, if desired, and to bring antibacterial wipes and hand sanitizer.
- Players are strongly encouraged to not bring sunflower seeds and gum to their games.
- Team Managers/Coaches will disinfect all hard surfaces upon arriving to the dugout for the first time, before players are allowed access.
- Due to amount of time needed to clean/disinfect between games, no players/parents should arrive more than 15 minutes prior to the start of their scheduled game time.
As we monitor all updates, we will make adjustments as necessary to comply with recommendations and/or state directives and will communicate the changes to all Latham Lassies families as soon as we can.
We are in this together and we continue to hope that all of our families stay healthy and safe!
Please monitor this alert for future updates when available. We will send out any major annoucement via email to all registered parents/players as needed (i.e. Cancellations or schedule changes).